Fishing partner(s)

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

eastsidehaole

Fishing partner(s)

Post by eastsidehaole » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:25 am

Aloha everyone! I recently moved to Hilo from oahu for work and a simpler way of life. I was born and raised on oahu and grew up surfing fishing diving and anything ocean related. Ulua fishing is probably my most favorite thing to do in life! Being new to the Big Island im realizing how important it is to have solid people around you when it comes to fishing these coastlines. I can pull my own weight when it comes to hustling bait and I have a 4×4 Jeep (no lift yet but can make it into most places). Just want to talk story have some fun and ultimately land the fish of a lifetime while im still young! I have nothing but respect for this place and want to enjoy it as safely as possible. If anyone needs a solid fishing partner hit me up! Mahalos -Jay

JohnnyAb

Re: Fishing partner(s)

Post by JohnnyAb » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 am

Hey Jay!
I moved to BI a little over a year ago from the Central Coast of California. I’m still looking for a mentor of sorts to help me understand the ins and outs of Island fishing. I fished off my kayak and other power boats mostly in CA, but enjoy surf/shore fishing too (as long as I don’t snag too often).
Enjoy the new year, PM me if you desire. I’m up the coast near Laupahoehoe.
-JohnnyAb