J&E Fishing Supply

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

hrivera007
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Re: J&E Fishing Supply

Post by hrivera007 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:43 am

When I first got into fishing, the old lady was the first person to show me how to set up my rigs and what I needed. I go there on a regular basis. As said before, you probably have the only female run shop in oahu, in a bad area and easy access for thieves to steal stuff. So of course they have to show tuffness. Once they see you are a serious customer they will leave you alone. I never had a problem with them, but I have seen them give the looks to other people and they will let you know they are looking at you.
What I do when I go J&E or to any fishing stores even the ones that know me by name: Say hi, grab my stuff and bring it to the counter, let them know I'm still shopping, pay and leave.
They are really nice ladies they just been robbed to many times.

hayn_fisherman_808
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by hayn_fisherman_808 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

i usually buy my fishing supplies from them because the prices are reasonae on some items... yeah when i first shopped there they gave the feeling of im stealing from them.. but i dont let that bother me.. i just stop in when ever i need small gear, say my hellos, grab what i need and be on my way...

the two ladies are quite nice to me. used to have small talk about fishing and hot spot etc... and now she tends to give me doughnuts which is cool and all. i try not to hurt there feelings so i usually take there doughnut. everyones happy.

my friends on the other end have had some rough experiences there. even when they came with me...
other than that. there cool
PU'ULU PIO POU

deepkona
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by deepkona » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:49 am

What was their brothers name that ran a fishing supply store at the ocean end of Ward Avenue off to the Ewa side...?

Just trying to resolve a brain lapse right now....
Mahalos,

Kyle K
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by Kyle K » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 am

Kida? Didn't know they were related.

bluetaco808
Member 25+
Member 25+

Post by bluetaco808 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:12 pm

that's funny coz same thing happen to me looking at you!!! But one of mine's different. it happens before I bought my NITRO pole from them. I was goin pick-up a torium 50, so i ask da younger lady if I can hold one of em. While I was holding it n try to turn da handle just couple times n just fo see n feel how it feels like. She told me not to do dat coz sum customer might not like dat. So I end up not buying one n stop going ova dea. I usually go CHARLEY's now if need sumthing fo da weekender.Now I feel like EYES are watching me all da time!!!
ahh maybe next time!

808ersliderbaiter

Post by 808ersliderbaiter » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 am

The young lady always eye me out feel uncomfortable , should just have one staring contest with her already she stare at you do much

Tboy96797
200+ Club
200+ Club

Post by Tboy96797 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Sad but true! Everytime I go in there I get that feeling from the younger lady. Most times I go in after work in slacks, aloha shirt, dress shoes and still feel like I'm a thief. One time she "hurried me" and I was trippin! I had a pole behind the counter that the old lady out back there and I was looking at hooks and other s*** and the younger lady was trying to push me out. The place get mean prices but I trip on the customer service!
no tease my rod, your girl likes it!

deepkona
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by deepkona » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:01 am

I think they must feel "vulnerable" taking into consideration their gender and maturity. If they had maybe one of their 6' tall son's working the store with them or if they were in a mall stting like Ala Mo., it might be a different situation.
Like mentioned before on this tread, it may be due to some "history/bad incidence" they encountered in that location.

Personally, I have not walked into thier present location but walked by. Used to go shop there all the time when they were up on King street.
Got to give them credit though for staying in business all these years. For the most part, they both are nice enough to deal with. After all, we buying fishing supplies and not Ferrari's or diamond rings here...!!!
Mahalos,

Fishbreath
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by Fishbreath » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm

I received a 30% off coupon for Sports Authority online so I figure I'll use it to get some Power Pro. Frickas raise the price $5 online, $35 compared to $30 locally. I did mention pretty good prices at J&E. $22 for 15lbs, 300 yards. Not bad, if you are willing to be followed around the store while you are shopping. :lol: BTW, $35 at Hanapa'a.

44gtlber
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by 44gtlber » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:27 am

I've personally gotten the "thank you , thank you, thank you" after buying choke stuffs.. then the next week is you guys gotta wait outside to much ppl!!. Only had like 3 guys inside! Waited for like one stoge dug out and went to Charley's. she cool but when the business side kicks in Brah smh. I used to go there choke for the 100 pk 4/0 swivels was like 14$! Nankos is like 26$!
Oooh naaaah

f4durty
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by f4durty » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:08 pm

I used to shop at j&e since I was young boy when they was located where Nissan is now I agree the younger woman is kinda paranoid but I dnt blame them they keep there prices low but people still like steal from them I talked to them one day and they told me they get ripped off all the time!!!! There 2 ladies and its not like they can stop and confront stealers there good people just trying to make a living so ill just deal with the paranoia lol!

crackblock
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by crackblock » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 pm

I shop at J&E Fishing at they are kool there yeah the Younger Lady always on the look out and the other lady just watching the back area but when u need help they are willing to help. To Bad people gotta steel from these 2.
Wars come and go, but my soldier stay eternal.

Uluacatcher808
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by Uluacatcher808 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:42 pm

Shucks every time I go in there they very friendly to me, maybe I look like get money then. I used to shop at there store when was on king st. Next to the pet store and bowling alley. I went in there once and asked about something I saw on the shelf "Neon Bait"? The older one said nobody use that stuff it's for fishing on the mainland, no work down here! The bottles looked very old had cobwebs all over and the bottles were starting to shrink in on itself. Only $3.99 I giv'em a try. Used first night got two ulua on the two baits I put on, the other slides not touched. Next day went right back bought the remaining bottles 5 total. Been looking for that stuff ever since, told the older lady nah that stuff no work! Please give the rest to me! Loved that store since then, over 20 years. Good price nice people! At least to me! The lady doesn't remember me but I'll never forget. Aloha to all!

oghawaii
Member 25+
Member 25+

Post by oghawaii » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Dang Been shopping here for a long time! Too much hate, but since their place so open, and they get jacked a lot they keep an eye on everyone.

I know the old lady long time when she had the small shop, and now its bigger but more open. The young lady kinda weird :?, small kine looking at me all the time eye to eye :o. But I like buying my supplies from them, more cheaper and the old lady drop price if you no can make up some dollars :). Also every time I been going there the young lady stay offering food to me... she offer to you guys to?

MASTAHBAITAH
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by MASTAHBAITAH » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Been buying my supplies from them for a long time when they were at kalihi shopping center. Sad that they get jacked nice people tryna make a living, I dont blame em that they stare at people weird sometimes. They always offer me pastries everytime I go there too haha.