J&E Fishing Supply

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

alamoanakali
Member 50+
Member 50+

Re: J&E Fishing Supply

Post by alamoanakali » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Who cares if they stare. They still nice people. And prices are reasonable. And yes, they offered me cream puff :D

uluabusta
Member 25+
Member 25+

Post by uluabusta » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:28 pm

I've been a long time customer of J&E Fishing from their first store to present and I've read the complaints about that place but until this week had never seen anything so bad that I will no longer buy anything from that store. From the moment I walked in she looked angry as she spoke to customers but her facial expressions and angry gestures when a little kid with his mom started calling for his dad, took the cake. If the child's parents had seen what I saw, there would have been a fight. She even gave the kid a mean stink look as the dad carried him up. The kid obviously got scared and turned away hiding his head against his dad's shoulder.

Later a guy that appeared to know the older lady payed for some stuff and had his hand held out to collect his change. She just threw the money down onto the counter, turned her back on him and walked away. The guy stood there with a WTF look on his face. He turned to the older lady, she apologized and tried to change the topic by showing him something and talk about fishing.

Some guys asked her about a fishing rod and she basically snapped at them, turned and walked away leaving them staring at her back and looking at each other. I heard them grumbling as they left the stuff they were planning to buy on the glass counter and walk out without buying anything.

This young girl has no class or business sense at all. She doesn't seem to realize that there are many other fishing supply stores and she needs the customer's support more than they need to go to her store. This weekend I told my family, friends and fishing club members about what I had observed and we agreed that we will no longer support that store. They will by losing thousands of dollars a year from our purchases alone.

We can get all our boating supplies from POP or McCully Bike for the same or cheaper costs. Shorecasting lead can by bought from Kayas Fishing Supply for the same or lower price depending on type of lead. Hooks and other terminal gear can be bought from McCully Bike and Roys for the same price as J&E. Foolish girl will soon cause more customers to abandon their loyalty to her store. If she hates work that much she should just quit.

eatfish
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by eatfish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:46 pm

Wowwww. Terrible customer service. Sounds like they are inconvenienced by customers. :cry:

It surprises me that I have never been to this store after all my years of fishing. I thought I had been to almost all of them. But after reading this, and the other complaints about this store, it will be another potential customer lost.

Word of mouth on a small island is very powerful.

island driver
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by island driver » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Could me menopause, or someone could take one for the team! :lol:

Fishbreath
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by Fishbreath » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Mahalo Driver! Take one for the team! :oops: Nah, nah. I heard one joke the other day. Why do they call it PMS? Because Mad Cow Disease was already taken. :D

island driver
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by island driver » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:41 am

HAhahaha! :lol: All I know is I can't take one for the team, I already get my hands full with my wife, and she get menopause!!!! :roll: Or could it be MCD!!!

Must be hard for those ladies, and I know they put their lives into that shop! But customers is what keeps their livelihood alive, so I hope things get better for them and she "lightens up". Got to support local businesses.