Never Wet

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

island driver
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Never Wet

Post by island driver » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 am

I saw some people posting that they were purchasing Never Wet at Home Depot. Is there any follow up on the product? What did you use it on, how is it working, how long does it last? Want to possibly get it, but don't know what to put it on, maybe some suggestions? Anyone put in on their car or truck? 8)

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: Never Wet

Post by kona-ulua-style » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:29 pm

It says it can be spray on almost every thing. Except for cell phones (not recommended but may have something in the future plus Not to spray on fine clothes..

You can spray clothes,sleeping bags,sleeping cots,shoes -all kinds, chairs,, any type of upholstery-even wet okoles, cardboards, electrical motors,switches,- inside our headlamps,flash lights, dive lights, any type of metals...um underwear..?

They say it could last about year long... Google this NEVER WET... A multi-spray

On sale at Home Depot for about $20.00 a two part spray kit...and fast drying times... ( cannot be mail order to Hawaii)... Repeals water and heavy oils..

Aloha, See you guys at Home depot..! Please no buy'em them all..!

island driver
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by island driver » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:03 pm

I saw a few never wet videos and did see one where an iPhone was treated. Open it up, spray inside and a few other places and placed it in water and it was water proof!
So if you treated, say your favorite fishing shirt, and you throw it in the washer and dryer, how does that work? I'm pretty sure you would still have to wash your clothes or am I wrong?

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 pm

island driver wrote:I saw a few never wet videos and did see one where an iPhone was treated. Open it up, spray inside and a few other places and placed it in water and it was water proof!
So if you treated, say your favorite fishing shirt, and you throw it in the washer and dryer, how does that work? I'm pretty sure you would still have to wash your clothes or am I wrong?
Sure....YOU got to still wash the cloths...NOT so much the cleaning part (removing the soils)....it is the smelling part you will want to wash off...? I think?..lol

Aloha, Never-wet.. It didn't say how long it will last on wash clothes...? best to experiment.. and how will a dryer effect the Never wet too..? something to consider here..

We do know...it should be great to spray on the inside of the headlamps, battery lamps, flashlights and dive lights...!

makana59
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by makana59 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Watch some youtube vids and it seems it doesnt last too long. Comes off the item u spray very easily. Doesnt seem to be worth the money. Alohas