Commercial Fishing in Mexico Video

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

fishyfishy
Mega poster
Mega poster

Post by fishyfishy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:40 am

One problem at a time, overfishing is the biggest, therefore it is first.
"No Resource, No Fisherman"
A post by Darrell Tanaka

vitusthemad

Re: Commercial Fishing in Mexico Video

Post by vitusthemad » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 pm

hello all
I live in Tucson Arizona and the nearest waters to fish are the Baja or Gulfo de California.
Unlimited and unregualte fishing there has really ruined the sea life there. When i was a kid there were shells, starfish, and colorful coral everywhere.
Now the waters have only a few types of fish , there is still fishing but things are not colorful or vibrant like they used to be.
Botton trawling (dragging nets that scrape the bottom) really ruined the whole ecosystem and japanese fishing boats scoured the whole sea.
Many shrimp and fishing boats are rusting on the shore because unregulated fishing raped it all away.
I also lived in the Phillipine islands as a kid. We snorkeled all the time. i was STUNNED when i first snorkeled in Hawaii....there were fish!!!!! In the Phillipines we never saw any . Do you know why .....DYANAMITE FISHING. We snorkeled for years and you rarely saw a fish.
I am very glad that local fishermen are having this discussion about fishing and netting and off limits areas because...as much as some dislike regulations ...without them the end is near....very near.
thanks
vitus the mad

TrySlidePuhiIsbaAACK
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: Commercial Fishing in Mexico Video

Post by TrySlidePuhiIsbaAACK » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:45 pm

YA YA OK...I WAS JUST WAITING FOR THE BIG TIGERS TO COME GRUB THEM..STOCK MORE TIGERS = LESS DIVERS=MORE FISH=HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE...IF THEY USE SHOYU OVER THERE IN MEXICO AS MUCH AS WE DO ON THE ISLANDS LOLOL...BUT SERIOUSLY I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODYS SAYS..I NOTICE A BIG IMPROVMENT AS FAR AS ULUA AND REEF FISH ARE CONCEREND..IT AINT THE BEST BUT WE ARE TAKING ACTION ..AND SLOWLY BUT SLOWLY THE MORE WE ARE AWARE OF OUR RESOURCES THE BETTER AND BETTER IT WILL BECOME..IT DONT HAPPEN OVER NIGHT...IT TOOK YEARS OF TO DESTROY WHAT WE HAVE..AND IT WILL TAKE DOUBLE THAT TO IMPROVE IT..TRYSLIDEPUHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!