Endangered monk seal found dead off Waimanalo

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

AhiBelly
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Endangered monk seal found dead off Waimanalo

Post by AhiBelly » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:48 pm

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... +Waimanalo

touchy situation... maybe they should limit netting to surround and pai pai style only?
"The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."

— John Gierach

VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: Endangered monk seal found dead off Waimanalo

Post by 44808 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:56 am

........here we go again. Idiots arguing about s*** they don't know! I'm not even gonna say anything no sense to anymore. Too much people thinking they know everything nowadays just from reading a few articles & hearing people say how bad nets are.

nuff
Rippin' lips

AhiBelly
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by AhiBelly » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:19 pm

Radon Boats wrote:........here we go again. Idiots arguing about s*** they don't know! I'm not even gonna say anything no sense to anymore. Too much people thinking they know everything nowadays just from reading a few articles & hearing people say how bad nets are.

nuff
first off who u calling an idiot? i don't see no arguing goin on... this article is mainly about awareness. it's touchy to me because i lay net but feel that a single incident like this does a great amount of damage which leaves me undecided about laynets.
"The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be."

— John Gierach

VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by 44808 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:13 pm

AhiBelly wrote:
Radon Boats wrote:........here we go again. Idiots arguing about s*** they don't know! I'm not even gonna say anything no sense to anymore. Too much people thinking they know everything nowadays just from reading a few articles & hearing people say how bad nets are.

nuff
first off who u calling an idiot? i don't see no arguing goin on... this article is mainly about awareness. it's touchy to me because i lay net but feel that a single incident like this does a great amount of damage which leaves me undecided about laynets.
No that wasn't towards you. I just meant this is gonna stir up a bunch of bs...& going through the comments on the advertiser irritated me.
Rippin' lips

AhiBelly
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by AhiBelly » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 pm

my misunderstanding... yeah those comments, to much mr. know-it-alls...

— John Gierach

wailuaboy89
Mega poster
Mega poster

Post by wailuaboy89 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:59 am

meh, monk seals were the ancient hawaiian fishermans enemy, the only other thing that posed competition on our reefs and still do.