Kauai Fishing Club

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

slak_line
200+ Club
200+ Club

Kauai Fishing Club

Postby slak_line » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:58 pm

I was thinking about starting up a fishing club on Kauai. I dont think there really is an official fishing club on kauai. I just want to test the waters first to see how many would actually join before starting one up. So would any of you Kauai boys be interested in joining a fishing club?

pmv_rc
Mega poster
Mega poster

Re: Kauai Fishing Club

Postby pmv_rc » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:50 pm

i would be interested in joining a fishing club if there is emphasis on tag and release ulua/papio,and no total weight category :idea: ....it should be based more towards bringing fishermen together,instead of just bringing fish to the scales....just my opinion :wink:
must catch 100lb ulua......must catch 100lb ulua

slak_line
200+ Club
200+ Club

Postby slak_line » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:53 pm

garantee. The goal of the fishing club would be for fishermen on kauai to come together, have good time, share knowledge, pretty much a "good fun" type of club. Of course tag and release would be emphasized but not everyone will. its not going to be like if u dont tag and release your catches you cant join the club. I was thinking categories like: 1.Most ulua tagged 2. Most papio tagged 3. Biggest ulua. In the biggest ulua category, the fish would have to be brought to the scales.

pmv_rc
Mega poster
Mega poster

Postby pmv_rc » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:11 pm

another consideration would be to designate club officials to regulate members from "strong arm-ing" other fishermen from fishing spots,or any member that cheats during ANY tourney (fishing before start date,weighing someone else's fish,swimming line out,or fishing from a boat) will be ousted from the club permanently.

if you are really serious,i think laying down these ground rules will help to make your club have staying power :idea: ,and i for one would be interested in joining a honest fishing club where each member will be respectful of other fishermen and obey the rules of the club....good luck slak_line,keep me posted about the details and maybe i can offer some suggestions :D .

also another good category would be the "opala category" :idea: (members who pack out a walmart plastic bag of trash from a fishing area will be entered into a prize drawing at the end of the year club potluck,also each bag would qualify as an extra ticket into the drawing) i am pretty sure that all the fishing supply stores would be willing to donate a few prizes if things are coordinated right
must catch 100lb ulua......must catch 100lb ulua

wailuaboy89
Mega poster
Mega poster

Postby wailuaboy89 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:22 am

also been thinking about a fishing club on kaua'i, lmk if u need help making it happen. emphasizing tag and release would be awesome, i try and talk about it as much as possible when fishing with anyone whether they are new to fishing or just people i fish with regularly. would be mean if we made a bunch of shirts or something for members only.

aloha

kapaaside

Postby kapaaside » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm down.

FishMoreNow

Postby FishMoreNow » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:14 pm

I come over from the mainland once a year. At least until I can afford to retire and move over. Would you consider allowing allowing annual participation? I'm down with the catch and release action. Would love to meet some fellow fisherman, enjoy good times, and talk story.

Enjoy
Tom

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Postby kona-ulua-style » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:48 pm

It nice to follow "Roberts rules of Order" to run the club meetings in a very professioal manner- where the rights of minorties can be heard and majority rules...

Also club rules will differ here...asking member what type of club they want to run...catagories of species, monthly awards,,tournaments, club meetings ( monthly) and club outins ( a few times a year)...and one annual awards meeting/outing...

Keep it easy for anyone to join...

Just remember in any type of clubs- just a hand ful (about 3% will do all the work)...expect this...! this is a national average too...

Keep it fun and NO strict rules ( negative ones)...
--------------------------------------------

I may...? have set of our old club rules.... Hope I can find it... if you wish to use it as a guide to forum your own Ulua fishing club..? Please PM me .....

Roberts rules of order- search the web sites- Hawaii governament and most of Hawaii business/ CLUBs....uses Roberts Rules of
Order to run there meetings... Always make an agenda ( in the "Roberts rule books)..

Aloha. Past member of the Altac Fishing Club. Kona Coast Casting Club and Big Island Casting club....

PS: Keep the name simple and easy to remember: example ( Kauai Casting Club...Kauai fishing club... Kauai Ulua club...etc..

and NO mandatory meetings or attendance... keep it easy.. Families come first..than work... fishing clubs near the bottom of the list...a voluntary club "ONLY...

Dues should be small- maybe $15- $25 dollars a year...

myota
100+ Club
100+ Club

Postby myota » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:34 am

I would be up for that.

Nigel

Postby Nigel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Kauai considered one of the best place in the islands. The reasons have to do with the natural underwater topography of the island itself. Kauai sits by itself on the northern extremes of the Hawaiian Islands and not only is it surrounded by water in all directions but it is surrounded by deep water.
Want to go with hawaii tours on weekend

kboi1da

Postby kboi1da » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:19 am

Kauai fishing club open?.. haha looking to join

Return to “Fishing Clubs”