Which one?

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

Which one?

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:40 pm

I would like to join a club but don't know how or which one is accepting new members. How do the various clubs differ and which one might be the most laid back with friendly club members willing to accept a new or rookie fisherman? Thanks for any help.

kidpounda808

Post by kidpounda808 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:34 pm

my club only lets people come to our meetings if they are sponsored by one of the members. i am not aware of other clubs. you can try and find out when the next shorecasting tournament is and talk to people at the weigh-in and see if they are in a club and look into that club.

seasalt808
Member 25+
Member 25+

Post by seasalt808 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:07 pm

I was wondering about that myself (fishing clubs) how's does one join?
I'm new at this but was told that you can pick-up better skills if your w/ a fishing club. I'm starting out but was curious to know if clubs would bring in a beginner rookie? Another question when fishing clubs do go fishing do they do all differents types of fishing? Ulua, whipping, use of boats etc.? Or do they just fish off-shore? Just curious to ask 'cause would like to know the difference when your in a club.

kidpounda808

Post by kidpounda808 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:34 pm

i think the shorecasting clubs just fish off shore. i don't know about other clubs. the altapac tournament is coming up on oahu and the hilo casting club tournament is coming up on big island. just go to the weigh-in site for one of the tournaments and talk story with the fisherman there.

Lawai'a
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Lawai'a » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:54 am

To get in to a few of the different fishing club you need to be invited. When in a club members tend to share what they have learned over the years. To get information about the different types of clubs go to shore line tournemets and speak with the people there. In August be at the casting demo it is partially sponsered one of the casting clubs and other menbers from different clubs will be there. If you realy want to learn see if some of the guys or girls on the forum are willing to take you fishing. When you look around you may find some one that can hook you up :lol:
There are different types of clubs but for the most they are casting clubs. There was an ultra light fishing club but dont know if it is still in existance. :?:

airline
Member 25+
Member 25+

Oahu clubs?

Post by airline » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Is there a salt water Fly Fishing club on Oahu?

I?m also interested in Hawaii fresh water Clubs like:

Trout Unlimited:
http://www.tuhi.org/

Hawaii Bass Fishing:
http://www.hawaiibassfishing.com/

Brian F.
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Brian F. » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:29 am

I don't know of any fly fishing clubs but you might check with Nervous Water Fly Fishing shop. Their group might be the closest thing. The Hawaii Freshwater Fishing Assoc. can be reached via the second link in your post.
Aloha,
Brian F.

"No House, No Fish"
"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"
http://fishtoday.org (the views expressed above are my own and do not specifically represent that of PIFG)

NagataBusinessGroup
Member 25+
Member 25+

Re: Which one?

Post by NagataBusinessGroup » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:42 pm

If you can't find one, you can do the next best thing. Start one!! I'm sure there's lots of people that would be interested!