Golf ball for whipping..?

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Golf ball for whipping..?

Post by kona-ulua-style » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:47 am

On the Big island ...in shallow water menpenchi fishing ..golf balls were use many times...for lead...

It sinks very slow and bounce or hardly gets struck on the reefs....use mainly at nighttime fishing....fast retriving ..golf ball will float at the surface slower winding may work better...?

Tokunagas...T haras and Oshima stores will carry these special eye screws...eye is approx 1/8 inch..shank or screw length..1/2 long..1\16 thick..

Most people use only one eye screw per golf ball with two swivels....

If using two eye screws? ...best to add glue to the screws...insurance...

Never try using golf balls for day whipping..........day time whipping with cut bait...it will sink very slow...or a slow dunking set up...? ..um..something to try?

Clear golf balls with the glow sticks....works very good too..

Golf balls can be use to catch Tako. They will drag it to there home.. This method is use on imolokai....dump a bucket of golf balls on the tako grounds..a week later look for the golf balls....it will be next to there hole

Aloha

12MinuteMile

Re: Golf ball for whipping..?

Post by 12MinuteMile » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:48 pm

hey Kona, I just re-read this post. What do you think about using it as a cheap substitute for Hammer Bombs? I see them around every once and awhile when I go fishing by a golf course, will drill a hole through one and try it out. Aloha, 12MM.

no-lie-u-like
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by no-lie-u-like » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:45 am

Don't need to drill through, just get the little screws with the eyelets and screw it in. I just use one screw per a golf ball. By the way in my opinion i don't fancy the hammer bombs too expensive and over rated.
sometimes like that

12MinuteMile

Post by 12MinuteMile » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Got it! Mahalo no-lie.

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:14 pm

They tell me night time golfers use a clear golf ball with a glow stick inside.....

I heard it is expense....over $10.00 Each.... Seen it use once for Menpachi fishing...

Hammer bombs...works great for Menpachi fishing....as well egg leads ...nd the golf balls...

Aloha