Letting you all know about a great day of fishing (on the eastside) where you normally can't fish. GREAT organization and people for a great cause:
La Holoholo for Shore at Paepae o He'eia
Sunday, October 30, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (HST)
Join us for a Lā Holoholo (Family Fishing Day) fundraiser event at He'eia Fishpond in support of Shore Pi'ilani Hong to help her through her cancer journey. Participants will learn about He'eia Fishpond and help us eradicate predatory fish. All ages are welcome!
1) Fee - The fee is $20 per pole. We do not provide any poles/bait/lures, you must provide your own. Only pole fishing is allowed. One person may bring more than one pole.
2) Fishing gear - Poles (with or without reels) are allowed. No other fishing equipment is allowed. No large nets or traps. This is reef fishing so plan accordingly. Red scoop nets for the kids and buckets are okay.
3) Location - The fishing will take place along Heʻeia Fishpond wall which extends about 3/4 mile out into the ocean. Fishing is allowed both in and out of the pond. Within the pond, only predators are allowed to be catch-and-keep; all others are catch-and-release. Fishing is also allowed outside the pond but State legal limits are enforced. You may walk on the reef outside the pond but must stay on the wall when fishing inside the pond.
4) Catch - Predator fish are the only fish allowed to be taken inside the pond, all other fish caught must be released back into the pond. Our pond predators are Papio, Barracuda, Toau, and Tilapia. Fishing is also allowed outside the pond and State legal limits will be enforced. Everyone must fill out catch report at the end of the day.
5) Suggested Additional Items to Bring - Tabis or closed toe shoes to protect your feet, hat/sunscreen, bucket, and wagon for your gear.
Please call our office at 808-236-6178 or email email@example.com if you have further questions. Mahalo for signing up in support for Shore! We can't wait to see you at the fishpond!
Have questions about La Holoholo for Shore? Contact Paepae o He'eia
46-077 Ipuka Street
Heeia, HI 96744
Paepae o He'eia
Paepae o Heʻeia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to implement the values and concepts from the model of a traditional fishpond to provide physical, intellectual, and sprirtual sustenance for our community. Paepae o Heʻeia was founded to preserve and care for the 88 acre, traditional Hawaiian fishpond, Heʻeia Fishpond and through education strives to perpetuate fishpond practices and sustainable living. For more information go to www.paepaeoheeia.org
1 post • Page 1 of 1