Beach Fishing With Grubs!

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

Scuba Chris
100+ Club
100+ Club

Beach Fishing With Grubs!

Post by Scuba Chris » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Using Soft Grubs From The Beach

Going out whipping is my favorite pastime. Sometime i'll cast a heavy line/bait out & will work within "earshot" of the strike bell going off. I can cover a lot of ground day or night with little arm fatigue & the minimum amount of fishing gear with me. To accomplish this you need to minimize your gear. I use a insulated backpack and a 5gal bucket w/lid that holds most of my misc gear & is my seat.
If you watch my videos i pre-make my leaders to modifying my gear for compact easy portability. Today i'll be testing Completely Hooked Lure's newest prototype soft grub. I'll also be testing how the Trapper #01 & #1/0 size hooks fare. My testing area is World famous surfing spot Waimea Bay on the North Shore of Oahu. During the summer the water is flat & calm, a great place to test my gear at (before the tourist arrive).
As expected i'm happy with the results of Landon Yamamoto's CHL soft grubs and Trapper Hooks. The grubs past my first test. I casted my rigs as hard as i could and they didn't rip off. Cheaply made grubs would tear off. And the fish seem to respond "hungrily" towards them. The #1 & 1/0 Trapper Hooks are great hooks for grubs (haven't tried baits yet). When hooked the fish i caught didn't suffer from massive hook damage often inflicted by circle hooks (ie torn gills to inner head punctures). I could easily take the hooks out without pliers but the fish was secured until i removed the hook. This was important when i released them, no streaming blood or weaken posture. All in all i highly recommend these products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAZLS_zyQj0