What kind of fish can you catch from a kayak?

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

timmy96815
100+ Club
100+ Club

What kind of fish can you catch from a kayak?

Post by timmy96815 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:16 am

HI, I was thinking of getting a kayak, but was wondering what kind of fish you could catch. I mean besides the ones you can get commonly from shore. Usually we get toau, papio,menpachi, aholele, aweoweo, oio, and sometimes moi.

What else can you target from a kayak or catch? I don't really know anything about kayak fishing so was hoping for some ideas.

Thanks

cam808
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Re: What kind of fish can you catch from a kayak?

Post by cam808 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:12 pm

you can catch actually a lot of fish from a kayak. you can troll around with opelu outside Waianae and hook u to some nice size mahimahis or you could cruise the ono lane. I wouldn't recommend going out targeting big fish without someone experienced with you because it could be dangerous. on google look up aqua hunters they got a lot of hawaii kayaking advice and information.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhCHcCmc0c
BIG BAIT BIG FISH

Peesherman
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: What kind of fish can you catch from a kayak?

Post by Peesherman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 am

did you wanna do blue water? A blue water kayak with all the ''required' gear is just as much as a small boat once youre done. A good stable 1 man kayak, rudder, double blade paddle, leash, fish bag, back rest, rod holder, poles, reels, life jacket, air horn. Theres alot more stuff that people get too such as shark deterrents, fish finders, mini power inverters to power everything, etc.
You took the time to search every post I made on here? Im flattered.