Fishing Light to Attract Fish - Does it Work Here?

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

tohei808

Fishing Light to Attract Fish - Does it Work Here?

Post by tohei808 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:13 pm

I've heard a stationary lantern used during night fishing will not scare the bigger fish away as long as you don't stand between it and the water and cast moving shadows. I also heard this was often beneficial in attracting fish. Has anyone had any experience fishing from a dock or pier with a submersible light or spot light to attract fish? I see submersible green, blue, and white LED lights being sold online for night fishing and was wondering if that works here in Hawaii. Basically, its supposed to light up the water and attract small organisms that attract baitfish, which attract the bigger predators. I have access to a dock in a marina and was wondering if it would work. Seems to work on the mainland for both fresh and saltwater but I couldn't find any info on people doing the same here from shore.

learninghow
100+ Club
100+ Club

Re: Fishing Light to Attract Fish - Does it Work Here?

Post by learninghow » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 am

Yes it does. Very effective on dark nights. The green has been working great for me with lights in or near the water. Above the ocean, like on a cliff, the regular gas lantern or the LED lantern works ... and like you mentioned, don't walk in front of the light. I've also noticed that the change in intensity of the light caused by pumping up a gas lantern has an affect at some places ... which is why I now use LEDs or propane ...

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Lanterns are use at nights for Menpachi fishing.. Several thoughts here....many will light up the whole front of. Fishing points....others want the lanterns to shine on front only..creating like a flood lighed area..

Menpachi fishing ...whipping for Menpachi...many will use a. 1 1/2 inchglow stick right above the casting lead..approx 5-6 foot leader..clear or glow grubs..
You do not need glow sticks ...just whip like day time....

Lighing up the water in front..is a choice...best to experiment... Lighted or dark..?

Lights does attract fish and can scare fish....consider the natural lights at your fishing spot?.... Do you go natural or lighted? ...

..so many times someone will be fighting a fish at night...headlamp lights shineing all over...before you know it another pole goes off... Did the lights attract or scare fish...?

Be aware. Deep water spots...vs..shallow water fishing... The lights...may benefit or not....? So many thoughts and theory...and. What work for some may not work for all....lol

Aloha....

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:05 pm

.floating light ...red bottom..white top..or yellow bottoms and white tops ...runs on a single AA battery....using cut baits..for for catching..Akules And menpachis..these lights catch a lot of fish too..

At one time they had these floating lights using two AA batteries....you will get more casting distance....

If anyone can get these two double AA battery floating lights...please let us know? ...I am interested in buying some...

MuCully bicycle in the late 70 seventy....use to sell them...that is where I got these two AA floating lights from.....yep...a long ,long time ago....lol
Jig masters..was only $20.00 ...then.....

Aloha