Introduction

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

Big Josh

Introduction

Post by Big Josh » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:33 am

Aloha my name is Josh and just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Oregon but go to Hawaii each year. I mainly fish saltwater in Oregon (lingcod, salmon, halibut) and want to learn more about fishing in Hawaii. I mainly shore fish off jettys and beaches and would love to learn how you fish. Forgive me if I have dumb questions.
Any of you Island boys coming to Oregon and want to catch fish dont hesitate to PM me. Oregon has a lot of great fishing and I would love to show you how we do it! Mahalo!!!

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: Introduction

Post by kona-ulua-style » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Welcome "Big Josh", You are always welcome to fish with us too, here in Hawaii!

What island do you visit each year? Most of the places we fish on the Big Island requires four wheeling...

Check out all the posts...

Aloha,

Big Josh

Post by Big Josh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:42 am

We go to Maui, i have a friend in Lahaina. I am trying to read as much as I can on this forum and online. I am going to see about picking up a few books to. IT really is not much different from how I fish here. The basic ulua dunking rig is what we use for sturgeon on the Columbia river. I look forward to learning and showing off some Oregon fish to you!!!

deepkona
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by deepkona » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:40 am

Aloha Big Josh,
Good luck to you while fishing Maui/Lahaina...!!!
I got a friend Steve that lives in Portland but he only does fresh water fishing on a fly rod. He ties his own flies so he tests the waters with them.
Been asking me to make the trip over but never did. Too much rain for my taste and I'd probably hook my ear with a fly rod.
Have fun in Maui guy...
Mahalos,

Big Josh

Post by Big Josh » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Deepkona dont let the rain keep you way. We have an old saying "Oregonians feel the the rain, the rest get wet!!" :D For real we get lots of nice days out here. Just like anywhere, depends on the time of year. We love the rain though..