Penn Squall 60LD LH

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

Captain_Coconut

Penn Squall 60LD LH

Post by Captain_Coconut » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Aloha gang, I have a Penn Squall 60LD (left handed model), and wanted some input on what ulua rod to pair it with. I've seen Bruddah Bill on youtube (ewa beach buy/sell) take a Penn surf casting rod, and add a stainless steel butt cap to add length. If I could get some of your guys opinion on what to do, I would greatly appreciate it. Mahalo gang

MASTAHBAITAH
Member 50+
Member 50+

Re: Penn Squall 60LD LH

Post by MASTAHBAITAH » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Howzit, try looking at the Penn Carnage ulua poles. These poles are priced pretty good and they perform pretty good as well. I would match it up with your Penn Squall because the reel is on the bigger side and the pole is a heavy action and slide or heavy bait casting with it. But it's all up to your preference. Aloha

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:32 pm

This reel is getting very popular due to the price and can land big fishes...
This reel is use a lot on Big Island for slide baiting... Med, Med Heavy, to Heavy rods... you should be able to match any Ulua rods..

, most of run 80lb mainline on this

Aloha

Captain_Coconut

Post by Captain_Coconut » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:05 pm

MASTAHBAITAH wrote:Howzit, try looking at the Penn Carnage ulua poles. These poles are priced pretty good and they perform pretty good as well. I would match it up with your Penn Squall because the reel is on the bigger side and the pole is a heavy action and slide or heavy bait casting with it. But it's all up to your preference. Aloha

Mahalo for responding. Do you know about how much, and if it's a two piece? I live in Seattle and come back home frequently, so ability to pack in a travel case is a must. Aloha

MASTAHBAITAH
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by MASTAHBAITAH » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:49 pm

I think the price ranges from $150-$200 depending on which shop you buy it from. It's 13' tall and it's a 2 pieces rod, 50/50 split if I'm not mistaken. I forgot to ask you, what kind of fishing are you planning on doing?

Captain_Coconut

Post by Captain_Coconut » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:17 pm

MASTAHBAITAH wrote:I think the price ranges from $150-$200 depending on which shop you buy it from. It's 13' tall and it's a 2 pieces rod, 50/50 split if I'm not mistaken. I forgot to ask you, what kind of fishing are you planning on doing?
I plan on doing baitcasting/heavy dunking while on Oahu, and slide while on the Big Island. So probably a little more baitcasting/heavy dunking than sliding.