Nothing

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

Ciguatera
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Nothing

Post by Ciguatera » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:19 pm

South Point.... this placed is becoming overfished and overpopulated and the roads getting ripped up by the atv's and the dirtbikes. It was once awesome to fish back in the 70's and 80's. Now when I go back there..... I'm the outsider being told where to fish. I dunno about recently but the opala was bad when I last went there and everywhere I went smelled like shi shi. I know no mo bathrooms down there but gotta understand that hardly rain down there and no can wash away the stuff.

Towards Kamilo and Ka'alualu still the same. Get plenty people on the weekends. And be careful guys. I heard through the grapevine that most guys packing heat... so be humble when you fish there.

kohala-boy
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kohala-boy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:21 pm

last 3 times i went there only got 2 strikes

B.I.U.C.
Member 50+
Member 50+

southpoint

Post by B.I.U.C. » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:56 pm

i just came back from south point yesterday i was down by the first hoist. caught four big poalu about five to six pounders, to kalas, six nenue in the three to five pound range, :D had to strikes on the ulua pole off of taape screemed about half a spool on my 646 till it spit :( came back wire shaped like the head and only the tail section bit still got good fishing its just gotta put up with those damn trash bags :evil: those guys dont care n dont pay atention to their equipment half the time they either sleeping, or somewhere else and there line is floatin right in front of you cant catch anything. no more shame or respect i mean its everybodys ocean and i wish everyone the best but at least pay atention to your equipment. i've even seen trash bags when i woke up int the morning and there bags floatin right in front of us at suicide rock and there poles are by the cement walk way.but i still pound my poles just sometimes gets annoying, just gotta keep cool head n just enjoy being at the ocean. didnt mean to offend any one in any way just had to express some feelings.

KEEP THE LINES WET AND THE BAIT FRESH AND HUKUMUP

Ciguatera
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Ciguatera » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:41 pm

right on man!!! Good to hear still get fish. Last time i was there one guy at the last hoist to the left had one big hook up. But the way was fighting everyone knew it was one shark. Cut line so it must've been one. Don't you think the fish like the Pualu and the nenue down there mo stink than elsewhere? The seaweed down there make them haunas. :oops: . I staying away from there cause of those trashbaggers. If the DLNR goes down there..... fines for everyone cause it is illegal to send plastic adrift in the ocean. I know, i'm guilty of it before but i know better and get more fisherman so common courtesy needs to be expressed more. Do what i would do.... if they no watch their lines, snag the rope and leave your hooks inside or if they use mono.... go on the lower ledge when they sleeping and .. if the line is bothering you.... snag it and cut it. If you not paying attention to your pole then it shouldn't be in the water when get plenny fishermen around... right? Pilau, but if they don't care... then everybody suffers. :wink:

bcklash
Member 25+
Member 25+

Post by bcklash » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:36 pm

Had that problem once at the rock. I caught the guys line while I was casting in the dark getting ready for the dawn patrol. I brought my line in and cut his line because it was all tangled with mine. I did pull in the rest of the guys line and gave him back his rig. He ended up losing a lot of line in the process but sorry gotta keep track of your equipment.

Juicy
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by Juicy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:26 pm

B.I.U.C.,

What kine bait you had use for the pualu, kalas, and nenue? Me and my gf planning to go take a trip down south point side during march, and last time we were there, we only had frozen shrimp and only the hinaleas was biting that.

Lawai'a
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Lawai'a » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:58 pm

Try dough, flour mixed with sardines or mackerel. Or bread.