Holy )*&^^... just saw South Point tonight from the lookout!

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

Ciguatera
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Holy )*&^^... just saw South Point tonight from the lookout!

Post by Ciguatera » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:20 pm

I just passed through Ocean View on my way home to Kona at 8pm tonight. Wow is all I can say. It looked like a little city down there :o . The Lights lit up the entire point and beyond... wow... must be biting the menpachi, cause the Ulua definitely would definitely be hunting way out in the deep blue with the lights that bright 8) . I wish I took a quick picture but was cold so I just jumped back in my car and got back home. Thats the first time I saw lights that bright... looked like the same kind they use for construction with the generators.

omer110
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by omer110 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:10 am

i think thats the lights by the windmills
Email uluatagging@hawaii.gov for Papio and Ulua tagging kits

uluapoundr
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by uluapoundr » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:28 pm

I think Omer is right, they were doing work on the windmills and had construction lights going the other week. By the way, the wind was ridiculous!

Ciguatera
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Ciguatera » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:26 pm

Wow.. was it that windy down there? I was a Punalu'u and was gonna lauch the boat cause was so nice but decided to spend time with my 4 year old and do some whipping. He caught a nice Lai by the way. 8) This week calls for 5 to 15 variable guys.... best time to be down there. I might go out this friday with my dad's boat.... nah... I gotta work on mine. And thinking about it... yeah, the lights did seem further in from the cliffs. Oh well all I know is that a couple guys went down and said was packed anyway. And the fish were'nt biting so they left.