Road to the Sea - howz da 4x4?

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

uluapoundr
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by uluapoundr » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:38 am

Thanks for your words of support. I'm still trying to figure out why people would spread rumors or even be so hateful of helping others. Here are some of my conclusions.

1. They want the prime spots all to themselves.
2. They don't want others to learn how to fish.
3. They are confusing sharing stories as being bragging.
4. They are unhappy with their life, therefore, need to make others lives unhappy too.
5. Perhaps some jealousy?
6. They view others catching ulua as a threat to their manlihood.
7. Simple minded thinking.

Whatever the case is, I find it amusing to analyze. As always, I'll let the evidence of my actions speak for itself. Perhaps many of you don't know that I am a social worker by trade and have worked with special education students, elderly residents in the nursing homes, mentally retarded adults, and now, the abused disabled adults. I witness families stealing from their grandparents, families abusing their relatives, mentally ill neglecting themselves, etc. Who knows, at one time or another, I may be working with the families of these guys who are bad mouthing me. Fishing is my getaway from the stresses of my work. I give 100% of myself to my community, to East Hawaii Monday through Friday and look forward to fishing on Saturday and Sunday. It's sad that someone would try to tarnish what I find to be enjoyable and positive.

Like I stated earlier, although it's discouraging, it continues to motivate me even more to spread the aloha spirit. When 4:30 comes today, I'm going fishing.

Ciguatera
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Ciguatera » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:21 pm

Auright Laron 8) . Take things in stride. Keep the simple things simple and the hard things... leave behind.... Like work. 4:30 pm is an hour from now. Right on. Pack em up and live the relaxed lifestyle for the next 2 or 3 days. I'm on my way to Pahala tonight...... fishing tomorrow morning.... Auright!!!!!

letumgo
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by letumgo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:48 am

for all the complainers: who's bitching if it's a public area- too bad if you can't deal productively with competition for spots, it's not like you own it. uluapoundr- dont even loose sleep over it- lippers get what they deserve, it's probably the ones who keep all their catch and go back and brag about the four 80lbers they kept and then they cry that no more fish cause somebody took their spot and caught em all, bummer only had stories to tell lately, bites off overhere also(westside, smaller fish- dont waste my time on uluas cause no more stories to tell while waiting)
TAG, you're it- let um all go, particiPATE

uluapoundr
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by uluapoundr » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:37 pm

I like to believe what goes around, comes around. Since this posting, some of my friends who I have taken under my wings to fish or teach how to wrap rods have caught ulua this year. It's so exciting to see a rod made by one of my friends catch a fish. I can't stress enough how important it is to fish aloha! I don't fish because I want to outfish everyone else, I hate that mentality. I fish because I enjoy it. And when one of my friends catches an ulua, it's just as exhilerating. I'm not saying I don't want to catch, ha! I love catching too, but it's just one facet of ulua fishing.

chubbyguy
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by chubbyguy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:28 pm

ahhhhhhh you get room under your wing for one more :lol:

bait caster
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by bait caster » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:23 pm

uluapoundr wrote:I like to believe what goes around, comes around. Since this posting, some of my friends who I have taken under my wings to fish or teach how to wrap rods have caught ulua this year. It's so exciting to see a rod made by one of my friends catch a fish. I can't stress enough how important it is to fish aloha! I don't fish because I want to outfish everyone else, I hate that mentality. I fish because I enjoy it. And when one of my friends catches an ulua, it's just as exhilerating. I'm not saying I don't want to catch, ha! I love catching too, but it's just one facet of ulua fishing.
I wish I had more fishing partners that felt that way about fishing.... I hate to bring it up like I have poor feelings towards some of my partners, but that's just what it is sometimes.... it always seems to feel like a competition.... and that to me is kind of hard, I enjoy fishing for what it is suppose to be.. in my small little mind I see fishing as a way to unwind, kinda like surfing, getting away from everything and just taking a load off, I mean don't get me wrong I put a lot of pressure on myself to catch too, but for some reason like you said uluapoundr, it does feel good when someone you've helped along the way finally gets his/her first REAL battle with a fish, after the battle you see that little glint in their eyes and you know their hooked.... most of the time anyway, I just hate it when it's like hanapa'a!! and after you land your fish, you start getting things like "oooh, ooh, what like challenge who can catch more?" or " ah hah, mine is bigger than yours!!!" It feels good to congratulate a TEAM effort.. I wish my gang understood that a little more... I guess that's how some personalities are sometimes.....

sorry to ramble, but that "Fishing with ALoha" subject has been on my mind lately and it bothers me, I pound with some really cool braddahs, but when things get the way I just mentioned, I just feel like packing up and going home.....

I dunno, maybe it's time to take a break.

ho I never just pour out one fast one ah?
There is no "I" in "TEAM", but there are 2 in "IDIOT" and "IMBECILE"