dunno but dont think so.

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

dunno but dont think so.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:38 am

i highly doubt it...maybe in CERTAIN areas, but as far as i know its okay...i think

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:27 pm

I know there are signs at some bridges prohibiting it but not at all the bridges. We used to fish off the bridges in the Hawaii Kai area but you have to watch for the boats passing under or you could get injured or lose your gear.

Majority of bridges are off limits

Postby guest » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:41 am

To answer your questions about fishing off bridges, the answer is for the majority, yes. In the HRS (hawaii revised statute) the majority of the major bridges are listed as being restricted from fishing or crabbing. The other sore point about fishing from these spots is the new security concerns since 9/11. Also the main sore point for alot of fisherman is the fact that there is no parking for your vehicles. Alot of people park their cars wherever they want to, just to go fishing off the bridge, but man, it ain't worth getting a ticket for a few fish. Usually signs are posted that tell which bridges are protected, but for a complete list, just check the list in the HRS.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:58 pm

Thanks.

lawaia808
Mega poster
Mega poster

bridge fishing illegal?!?!

Postby lawaia808 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:42 pm

which bridges? ive fished from alot and cops and dlnr pass right by. north shore south shore to. in the dlnr rules there are regulations for crab net sizes and how many you can use but they dont restrict you from using them except in alawai when its closed season.

ponoboy808

Re: dunno but dont think so.

Postby ponoboy808 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 pm

its not illegal in hawaii to crab off bridges, but dea r sum places dat jus dont want people hangin around especially in da middle of da night so its kinda hard

Return to “Does anyone know if its illegal to fish or crab from bridges?”