Any ideas on A'awa or Tableboss

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

pmv_rc
Mega poster
Mega poster

Re: Any ideas on A'awa or Tableboss

Post by pmv_rc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 pm

im pretty sure that sauce was recently used by a chef on an episode of HGF.....i gotta try it sometime :)
must catch 100lb ulua......must catch 100lb ulua

bait tossah
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by bait tossah » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:17 am

howzit,

jus lookin at that sauce, makin my mouth water 8)

a club member makes the same sauce....but no shoyu... we normally jus take "swigs" when we drinking.............................................soda :mrgreen:

aloha,
"jus got lucky"

shorecaster96744
200+ Club
200+ Club

Post by shorecaster96744 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:52 am

For some reason the sauce just doesn't taste the same without the guam boonie peppers. If you go to guam no matter where you go, they always have that sauce at any restaurant you go to, they even have the boonie peppers on the side if you want more spice. Boonie peppers are basically like hawaiian chili peppers, but more heat and not as much flavor. They usually use aloha shoyu, aloha white vinegar, thinly sliced round onions, fresh lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, and one or two boonie peppers sliced up.

rstark
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by rstark » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Steam 20 minutes per lbs. Score the top side five times first. Coat with black bean and garlic paste (Lee Kum Kee) add julianed ginger all over the top. Add black bean and garlic paste inside the belly then steam. Prepare a bed of water cress (is it cress or crest?) to put the fish on top. After cooked, pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup super hot peanut oil on the fish and water cress. Add 1/2 package of sliced lup cheong sausage to the plate (can cook with the fish). Enjoy!
Rick
Interested in Photovoltaic systems or solar hot water sytems? Ask me, I'm a solar consultant.