getting nervous when other ulua fishermen watch me cast

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

Kauaiboi808
100+ Club
100+ Club

getting nervous when other ulua fishermen watch me cast

Post by Kauaiboi808 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Just da other day I was about for cast and I quickly look all around me and see people better than me watching me as I cast. I always get nervous and end up screwing up and crashing my pole. I seem fine when Im practicing with friends but when it comes to da real ting I screw up! Any tips on how for not get all nervous and end up screwing up?

Thanks!
Must catch first ulua... Must catch first ulua...

Don B
Mega poster
Mega poster

Re: getting nervous when other ulua fishermen watch me cast

Post by Don B » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:44 pm

There should be only one consideration, you are there to enjoy yourself, learn and talk story. Focus on your cast, listen to the rod talking to you, and you will not be nervous.

PrImE TiMe
Mega poster
Mega poster

Post by PrImE TiMe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Ah just cast wit confidence!and if u mess up just laugh lol
CONSERVE WATER.......DRINK BEER!

f8ldzz
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by f8ldzz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Visualization.
I always visualize my cast before doing the actual casting.
This also makes me ignore almost everything around me - I do double-check around me before the actual cast for safety reasons.

oio
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by oio » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 am

kauai boi if i was there i would help you but i don't know who you are? i like helping out other's

kt
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kt » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:28 am

Don B wrote:There should be only one consideration, you are there to enjoy yourself, learn and talk story. Focus on your cast, listen to the rod talking to you, and you will not be nervous.
X2

Keep in mind. You're not there to be better than them. You're there to fish and get your bait in the water. Sometimes when I fish, I'll purposely lob cast one 40 to 50 feet offshore for the potential inside bite. If people want to watch me lob one 40 -50 feet....let them watch! :lol:

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm

It is only natural to watch people cast their fishing poles, all part of the fishing experiences... One day you will notice no matter where you go or visit, you will watch people cast their fishing poles.

All of us were beginners, and know what it is like to learn the art of casting, we all had our share of difficulties too..

Think about casting levels as the white belt level, purple belt, green belt, brown than black belt levels. Like learning a new kata, you have to think about each movement, each technique in the form.

One day, you will not have to think about the casting techniques, it just comes natural. like learning kata's, the more you do it, the less you have to think about it. This is when you master the casting or kata's...

All beginners are well aware of others watching, this is only natural. Let this part go... forcus on your techniques, not yourself. They all know what you level of casting is once you cast... No one cares, and they know you are still learning...

Hopefully your partners will help you improve your casting, the only way is by watching you..

Aloha, Can we watch too...? lol

Kauaiboi808
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by Kauaiboi808 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm

oio wrote:kauai boi if i was there i would help you but i don't know who you are? i like helping out other's
What part of da island u from? Maybe you kno my sisters boyfriend he also works construction his name is ian honda?

oio
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by oio » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

got to see his face i no plenty people by face instead of their names . if you see me introduce yourself no shame talk story :D

Kauaiboi808
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by Kauaiboi808 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 pm

oio wrote:got to see his face i no plenty people by face instead of their.names . if you see me introduce yourself no shame talk story :D
If you ever see one guy at da small lighthouse or any spot on da eastside wit one orange nitro and bone stick crashing his pole thats me lol

oio
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by oio » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm

ok braddah i stop by and show you how or tell you what you doing wrong k easy but you no what i look like :roll:

Wanksta808
Mega poster
Mega poster

Post by Wanksta808 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Oio, he Just gotta look for the guy with the nice new bis poles that kpc had wrap. 8)

oio
100+ Club
100+ Club

Post by oio » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:38 pm

lol :lol: wanksta yuuuuuuuuuup das me

davilln
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by davilln » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Same thing happens to me. When i practice it's an easy 100 yds. (take in note I've only started about 2 months ago)
I could bang it a couple of times 100yds with my crew not watching closely. But when they watching, and I have a whole slide rig on.
Always mess up bird nest, 30 yds, lead stuck everything.
What i try to do is eat in the dirt, and wait till everyone casts out their pole and sit back at the camp,
then i sneak away and cast my pole, that way if i do *f*** up I don't have to think of a come back to what they were going to say.
Chasing the 100lb.....

kt
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:51 am

davilln wrote:
When i practice it's an easy 100 yds.

But when they watching, and I have a whole slide rig on. Always mess up bird nest, 30 yds, lead stuck everything.
Davilln,

Maybe you should try practicing all the time with your whole slide rig intact. Sometimes, it could be a psycological thing. :|
This way, when you're out there, everything (rig wise) is exactly the same as when your're practicing.