!st Annual Spinning Reel Shoreline Fishing Tournament.

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

!st Annual Spinning Reel Shoreline Fishing Tournament.

Post by kona-ulua-style » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 pm

Open to all Hawaii fishing forum members, their families, and friends. Known as the: 1st Annual Spinning Reel Shoreline Fishing
Tournament.
Note: This is an unofficial fun run tournament.

Date: Starting Nov 1, 2013 Friday, at 6:00 am to Nov 3, 2013, Sunday , ends at 3:00 pm
No entry fees, No prizes- ( optional- for donors)- see notes below. No deadline to enter.

For the Challenge, the Honor, and Glory

Rules:
1: All fishes must be caught using any Spinning Reel and rod outfits.
2: All fishes must be caught from shoreline from any of the Hawaii Islands.
3: All fishes must be posted on this site, Sunday Nov, 3,2013 by 6:00 pm.
4: Every participant is enter at there own risk, and no one shall be held liable.
5: All fishes can be weight on any weight scale, no certified scale is needed , most important is your trust and honesty.
6:: All fishing lines must be cast out. No swimming etc. Suggested methods, shall be Bait casting, Slide baiting and/or whipping.
7: The tie breaker of the same weight, will be person who post first, is deem the winner. (No length and girth is needed).
8: Optional t,o post: Pictures, Size and type of spinning reel and rod use, line weight class, location, day and time, bait use, method use.

Category includes:
A: Omilu ( including over 10lbs)
B: Papios under 10lbs
C: Ulua - all trevally over 10lbs with the( exception of the omilu)
D: Oio
F: Moi
G: Optional :Open to all other fishes caught from the shoreline, not listed, your choice to post it.

Aloha, Good luck to everyone... Enjoy the spinning style of fishing...

PS: Any suggestions or recommendation is wanted here..! Changes can be made to the above..

Note: For those who wish to donate a prize? It will be your responsibility to figure out the winner, delivery the prize (mail or other means). For the winners...it may mean giving your name/user name, address, phone number, etc...if you wish to collect the prizes..
Donors : You must post it ahead of starting time, (here on this site), what the prize will be? and for what categories, and what places it will be for ( example : Oio- 2nd place, SS bell, etc..
Last edited by kona-ulua-style on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tohei
Super Poster
Super Poster

Re: !st Annual Spinning Reel Shoreline Fishing Tournament.

Post by Tohei » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 am

not sure if enough ppl are gunna check the tournament forum and see this post before nov 1st... lol
Give a man a fish he eats for a day.........Teach him to fish and he has to buy expensive fishing rods, reels, hooks, lures, line, lead, and subscribe to every fishing magazine on earth.

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:27 pm

We realize the short timeline and didn't want to delay this tournament to next year. The new moon is Nov 1st reason for this date, and since all the holiday seasons days are from November to January 1st. is another reason we choose these dates.

Hopefully we will get enough participants to enter and post their catches, all for the fun of it too, and if all goes well..? You can be sure to see more of these style of Spinning reel tournaments, and other styles of shoreline "fun" fishing tournaments.

Please consider entering this 1st Annual Spinning Reel tournament.

Aloha,

We are pulling out and putting new fishing lines on our spinners, Penn 850-(2),950 , D.A.M. Quick 5001, Daiwa Regal 5500T, and many of the smaller spinning reels too...lol

uplandhawaii
200+ Club
200+ Club

Post by uplandhawaii » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Sounds fun kona, I'll be entering. :D
HOW much is that to ship to Hawaii!!!???

iduhkno
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by iduhkno » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:10 pm

I going try.

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Thank-you guys..! We are looking forward too, to, this fun , Nov1-3,2013 , weekend of fishing!

Aloha,

wmjking

Post by wmjking » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:29 pm

But who are you?

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by kona-ulua-style » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:09 pm

wmjking wrote:But who are you?
Not sure if I understand exactly what you are asking?

I am just a fellow shoreline fishing person,(like you), who enjoys every
moment of the fishing times at home and at the beach.... ,

I have been fishing since the late 1950's, catching tilapia from Pearl harbor,Bass fishing in Wahiawa, bait casting in the 70's at Nakatanis, and presently Ulua fishing in Kona the last 35 plus years.

I am just a person who just enjoys anything to do with fishing....( shore and boat too), and a past member of several shoreline fishing clubs...

I am a person who enjoys what we catch, and we also do practice the art of conservations too,

I am just like you....

Aloha, only thing more grey hairs, of what is left...lol