Bait Cast Set Up~

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

crackblock
100+ Club
100+ Club

Bait Cast Set Up~

Post by crackblock » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 am

SO I was wondering~wat is everyone opinon on the how the set up for bait casting.

Wat I mean is do perfer long lead line and short leader line or short lead line and long leader line or both lead and leader line equal length~ I understand everyone has there ways but I think its a good way to learn and find my way is to see how everyone does it~
Wars come and go, but my soldier stay eternal.

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: Bait Cast Set Up~

Post by kona-ulua-style » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:00 pm

crackblock wrote:SO I was wondering~wat is everyone opinon on the how the set up for bait casting.

Wat I mean is do perfer long lead line and short leader line or short lead line and long leader line or both lead and leader line equal length~ I understand everyone has there ways but I think its a good way to learn and find my way is to see how everyone does it~
Most bait casters..will do both ways...if the ocean side is very sandy bottom...short lead line and long hook lines... here you want you bait on the bottom because most Oio's and Papio will feed on the bottom..looking thru the sand for food...

If rocky bottoms/lots of reefs..the long hook lines will get struck..therefore long lead lines and short hook lines... Sandy places you can do both ways...

Aloha, Best to try many different lengths and see what works best for you and for the locations you are fishing at... Best to experiment with different combinations...

crackblock
100+ Club
100+ Club

Re: Bait Cast Set Up~

Post by crackblock » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 pm

kona-ulua-style wrote:
crackblock wrote:SO I was wondering~wat is everyone opinon on the how the set up for bait casting.

Most bait casters..will do both ways...if the ocean side is very sandy bottom...short lead line and long hook lines... here you want you bait on the bottom because most Oio's and Papio will feed on the bottom..looking thru the sand for food...

If rocky bottoms/lots of reefs..the long hook lines will get struck..therefore long lead lines and short hook lines... Sandy places you can do both ways...

Aloha, Best to try many different lengths and see what works best for you and for the locations you are fishing at... Best to experiment with different combinations...
Much Mahalo's for the info~
Wars come and go, but my soldier stay eternal.