torching for eels?

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

Kauaiboi808
100+ Club
100+ Club

torching for eels?

Post by Kauaiboi808 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 pm

What does torching for eels mean? For example: I was torching em down da flats...? How is this done?

Thank you!
Must catch first ulua... Must catch first ulua...

oamaoama
100+ Club
100+ Club

Re: torching for eels?

Post by oamaoama » Wed May 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey Kauaiboi,
Torching for eels or torching in general, is just walking the flats or low tides with a light and net, spear, frog spear, or anything you use to catch whatever your going for. you should try it, it's pretty easy. Depends what you're looking for.
If you talk the talk, then walk the walk.
Chirpin' lips!!!

Brian F.
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Brian F. » Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Instead of gas lanterns, people used to use actual torches (not the metal cutting type) that had an open flame and the name stuck. It's a lot better than "reef walking", which the "look-but-don't-touch" community uses these days.

And if actually in the water, people are looking mostly for white eel. Not too good to be tangling with any kind of moray eel near your feet.
Aloha,
Brian F.

"No House, No Fish"
"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"
http://fishtoday.org (the views expressed above are my own and do not specifically represent that of PIFG)

Kumu
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by Kumu » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm

oamaoama wrote:Hey Kauaiboi,
Torching for eels or torching in general, is just walking the flats or low tides with a light and net, spear, frog spear, or anything you use to catch whatever your going for. you should try it, it's pretty easy. Depends what you're looking for.

X2
Better to be blunt and have people judge me,
than to lie and have god judge me.