Casting

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

Acharlie3

Casting

Post by Acharlie3 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 am

Happy New Years!!! I've been fishing for a little bit but still have issues with proper or the right way to fish. One big question I have is when you guys are out there dunking your poles, what is your execution for both sandy and rocky floors. Like when you cast out to rocky areas, do you reel in your line until it gets stuck to a rock? or do you just cast it and just let it sink and no need to reel it in? I'm not quite sure what the proper way is to cast in rocky areas. If you guys have different methods or could validate a proper way that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Re: Casting

Post by kona-ulua-style » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Most of us want distance....sand is easy....short lead line.. Longer hook lines... Let bait sit on the sand or get bury a little bit..ok..looking for bottom feeders...

Rocky places...short hook line and long. Lead line....reason ..don't want the hook to get struck on the bottom or reefs..

Both ways...you. will want to keep the main fishing line tight. ...tighter on the rocks to keep the bait or the hooks off the reefs...

Keep drags on the fishing reels..reasonable tight.....?

Rocky places experiment....drag till the lead gets struck and ....or...reel very slow till it feels right it seems anchor....

Hope this helps..?

Aloha