Glow sticks for the fishing poles?

Moderators: primo808, bluefinmod, 96743

kona-ulua-style
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Glow sticks for the fishing poles?

Post by kona-ulua-style » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:18 pm

Hello, You may want to try this. We put the small glow sticks on the tip of our fishing poles at nights(rubberband to side of tips),especially for puhi strikes, with so many poles close together, it is hard to tell sometimes which poles the puhi hits,this helps with identification of poles. You may find this works for far away fishing poles also. The 1 1/2\" works if you are close by, and the 8\" works good for the far away poles, you may want to experiment with this if you have not tried it.
E-bay is a good site to get different sizes and you can get lots of them at a good price (100's). I did run into a bad seller, so be carefull. They come in different colors.... ALOHA

Southshorepoundah
100+ Club
100+ Club

Re: Glow sticks for the fishing poles?

Post by Southshorepoundah » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 pm

kona-ulua-style wrote:Hello, You may want to try this. We put the small glow sticks on the tip of our fishing poles at nights(rubberband to side of tips),especially for puhi strikes, with so many poles close together, it is hard to tell sometimes which poles the puhi hits,this helps with identification of poles. You may find this works for far away fishing poles also. The 1 1/2\" works if you are close by, and the 8\" works good for the far away poles, you may want to experiment with this if you have not tried it.
E-bay is a good site to get different sizes and you can get lots of them at a good price (100's). I did run into a bad seller, so be carefull. They come in different colors.... ALOHA

Aloha, I no dis one supa old thread but i had to put in my two cents! so no mine me. :D
Love this for dunking at night. Sometimes ur bell no go off because critter or whatev's is too small fo' ring um'. Neva fails always can see if someting stay playing with my bait. :D
try um' she go!
Aloha, SSP