For those who fish at Hickam...

Moderators: primo808, 96743, bluefinmod

joounit418
Member 50+
Member 50+

Re: For those who fish at Hickam...

Post by joounit418 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:34 am

hrivera007 wrote:I will try to be there on Saturday morning and clean the place a little bit. In the mean time am trying to get prices on signs. I want to make a sign with DLNR, MP's phone numbers and trash removing and basically fish size regulations. I just got to put the words together and find a cheap signs shops. I know the chances of DLNR showing up are slim since the location is remote and is on base, but hopefully it deters people from doing stupid stuff.
sending u a pm.. my friend owns a sign shop in town and i can hook u up... he's on kalihi street close to hanapaa

PM
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by PM » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:39 am

Sent you a pm but don't know if it went through. PM me your cell # and I'll help out on the clean up on Saturday. I work on base so access is not a problem.

hrivera007
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by hrivera007 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 pm

Went through. I PM you back. Thanks bro.

hrivera007
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by hrivera007 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Peesherman wrote:No forget to text me on friday. Ill have to meet you at your house so you can sponsor me in H. We can talk about the signs and what not when we get there.
Shoot Peesh, I will text you on Friday.

RHK106
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by RHK106 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:32 pm

hrivera007 wrote:I will try to be there on Saturday morning and clean the place a little bit. In the mean time am trying to get prices on signs. I want to make a sign with DLNR, MP's phone numbers and trash removing and basically fish size regulations. I just got to put the words together and find a cheap signs shops. I know the chances of DLNR showing up are slim since the location is remote and is on base, but hopefully it deters people from doing stupid stuff.
hrivera, should you get proper approval for the placement of a sign, send me a PM, I'll be more than happy to make the sign and donate it. I do sign making and die-cut stickers as a small side business.
-Reyn-

LetItFly
Super Poster
Super Poster

Post by LetItFly » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:10 pm

I love hearing everyone pitching in! :D right on my braddahs

hrivera007
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by hrivera007 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 pm

RHK106 wrote:hrivera, should you get proper approval for the placement of a sign, send me a PM, I'll be more than happy to make the sign and donate it. I do sign making and die-cut stickers as a small side business.
Shoots bro, I really appreciate it.
LetItFly wrote:I love hearing everyone pitching in! :D right on my braddahs
For real, Its great to see people come together for a cause. Thanks

hrivera007
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by hrivera007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 am

I want to thank PM, Reefmonstah and Peesherman for helping out with the clean up and to those that came out before we did and clean up the place. The place was pretty clean by the time we got there. Just spent time removing some of the old line. Again thanks everybody for their support.

RHK106
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by RHK106 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:01 pm

by hrivera007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 am

I want to thank PM, Reefmonstah and Peesherman for helping out with the clean up and to those that came out before we did and clean up the place. The place was pretty clean by the time we got there. Just spent time removing some of the old line. Again thanks everybody for their support.
Right on guys! Way to step up to the plate.
-Reyn-

reefmonsta
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by reefmonsta » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:11 pm

hrivera007 wrote:I want to thank PM, Reefmonstah and Peesherman for helping out with the clean up and to those that came out before we did and clean up the place. The place was pretty clean by the time we got there. Just spent time removing some of the old line. Again thanks everybody for their support.
No worries, gotta make time to help out when you can. However, whoever came in before us did the bulk of the real work. those the guys that really should be thanked!
reefmonsta
Instagram - follow @reefmonstah

hrivera007
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by hrivera007 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:18 pm

They sure did! Nice meeting you guys today.

Peesherman
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Post by Peesherman » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:39 pm

Yeah, who ever took out that old bike really impressed me. Keep me updated H about when the next time youre gonna go to put the signs up and chain up some trash cans. If any of the other guys on here fish hickam and see anything unusual or people being ignorant, PM any of us 3. Talked to about 5 people that were their with families today. They were very pleased to finally see that place clean for once.
You took the time to search every post I made on here? Im flattered.

PM
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by PM » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:39 am

A big mahalo to all! Sorry I couldn't hang around to meet you guys as I had another engagement. However I was really disappointed to see a number of burnt out areas on the ground where people had set fires. That is a sure way to have that place closed off to fishing!

hrivera007
Big Time Poster
Big Time Poster

Post by hrivera007 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:34 pm

PM wrote:A big mahalo to all! Sorry I couldn't hang around to meet you guys as I had another engagement. However I was really disappointed to see a number of burnt out areas on the ground where people had set fires. That is a sure way to have that place closed off to fishing!
Let me know when you will be at the pier. I will be there friday morning with the kids.

Bigpopper
Member 50+
Member 50+

Post by Bigpopper » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Sorry I couldnt make the cleanup last weekend hector.(had plans with the ohana) I'll probably be there Mon at the usual time. Finally caught some fish whipping there with some curly tails on the tiralejo. PM me your number we go fish sometime. aurite
"Hanapaa!!!!!! nah just da wind"